Publication Ethics Policy
Copyright and CC Licensing
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike International License (CC-BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Copyright without Restrictions
The journal permits the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and will hold distributing rights without limitations.
The submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the Ultimart: Jurnal Komunikasi Visual or its Editorial Staff. The main (first/corresponding) author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
A. Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, the scope of science, scale, and accreditation if necessary;
- Determine editorial board membership;
- Defining relationships between publishers, editors, reviewers, and other parties in a contract;
- Respect things that are confidential for researchers contributors, writers, editors, and reviewers;
- Implement norms and conditions regarding rights to wealth intellectual property, especially copyright;
- Review the journal policy and inform it to writers, editorial boards, reviewers, and readers;
- Make a guidance for editors and reviewers;
- Publish journals regularly;
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for sustainability journal publishing;
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing; and
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
B. Journal Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers;
- Strive to improve the quality of publications sustainably;
- Implement the process to ensure the quality of publication;
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively;
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record;
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, withdrawals and requests sorry if needed;
- Responsible for the style and format of the writing, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author;
- Actively ask the opinion of writers, readers, reviewers, and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications;
- Encourage the evaluation of journals if findings are available;
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about ethics publication.
C. Peer Reviewer
- Get tasks from editor to review papers and conveys the review to editor to determine the feasibility of publication;
- Do not review papers that involve themselves, either direct or indirect;
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations for the manuscript reviewed;
- Encourage the writer to revise the paper;
- Reviewing the revised paper accordingly with predetermined standards; and
- Reviewing the manuscript in a timely manner according to journal style and based on scientific rules (data collection methods, author legality, conclusions, etc).
- Ensure that who are included in the author's list meets criteria as author;
- Collectively responsible for work and manuscript content/article covering method, analysis, calculation, and details;
- State the origin of resources (including funding), both directly or indirectly;
- Describe limitations in research;
- Respond to comments made by reviewers professionally and in timely manner;
- Inform the editor if you will withdraw the manuscript; and
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for published is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to other publishers.